Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May poker article published

Total Aggression Rank

Summary: Whether it's calorie counting food boxes or points per game in basketball, numbers consistently fool us. How often have you used or confronted a statistic only to find out later it isn't very reliable?   They are reported badly by newspapers and people doing data gathering. In online poker I had to detect how other people played purely from numbers and notes I took about them. I used computer programs to help me gather and store those numbers. I argue in Total Aggression Rank: How less can tell you more that a particular statistic that seems sophisticated is actually less reliable than a stat I came up with. It allows me to think more quickly and more accurately, which when you are playing 4-6 tables at a time is the difference between making the right decision and losing hundreds of dollars. 





No comments:

Post a Comment